What is UPS Express?
The story of UPS, the world’s largest package delivery company, began more than a century ago with a $100 loan to jumpstart a tiny messenger service. How we evolved into a multi-billion-dollar global corporation reflects the history of modern transportation, international commerce, logistics, and financial services. Today, UPS is customer first, people-led, innovation-driven. It’s powered by more than 540,000 employees connecting more than 220 nations and territories across roads, rails, air, and ocean. Tomorrow, UPS will continue to lead the industry and connect the world, with a commitment to quality service and environmental sustainability.
The history of UPS
United Parcel Service (UPS), the international package delivery company, grew out of a messenger service established in Seattle in 1907 by an enterprising 19-year-old named James E. “Jim” Casey and his friend, Claude Ryan. Beginning with two bicycles, one phone, a tiny office in the basement of a saloon, and $100 borrowed from Ryan’s uncle, the two lay the foundation for what became a multi-billion dollar corporation involved in the flow of goods, funds, and information around the world.
When does UPS Express deliver?
- From 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM during business days
- Weekend delivery is available in eligilble locations
How to change a delivery I’m receiving?
If you are a My Choice member, you have several options to change the delivery on eligible shipments before we make the first delivery attempt. Those options include:
- Redirecting your package to another address
- Rescheduling the delivery date
- Picking up your package at a UPS customer center or a UPS Access Point™ location, where available
- To do so, use the tracking widget, enter your tracking number, then select Delivery Options in the Tracking Details section.
- If you’re NOT a UPS My Choice® member, it is best to contact the sender before the first delivery attempt to make changes to your delivery. Or, if we identified that the address is incorrect and not deliverable, you may be able to correct it while tracking the package on ups.com.
How to change a delivery I’ve sent
With UPS Delivery InterceptSM, you can conveniently request delivery changes for packages you sent, prior to the first delivery attempt. Here are all the options you have with Delivery Intercept:
- Have packages returned to you
- Redirect packages to another address
- Reschedule delivery to another day
- Have packages held for pickup by the recipient
- Cancel or change an intercept request before we complete the intercept
Fees may apply for all types of requests, including packages that are redirected to a UPS location and held for the recipient to pick up. You’ll only be charged if your intercept request is completed.
You can request delivery changes online through your shipping history and the tracking page, WorldShip®, UPS CampusShip®, or Quantum View®. Both you and the receiver can use the package’s tracking number to check the status of the intercept request.
How to calculate my products volumetric weight?
You can use the formula: length*width *height, then divide by 6000. The result is Volumetric product Weight by the kilogram.
Where is UPS near me?
UPS Express network
UPS Express in America
UPS Express in Asia and Pacific
UPS Express in the Middle East and Afric
How do UPS Express airway bill and package look?
Where can I track my shipments?
Happy shipping! If you have any questions about UPS Express, feel free to let us know.